- Marisa Fernández Armenteros (Santander- España, 1975)
- Fernández Armenteros has a B.A. in Hispanic Philology and Audiovisual Communication from the Universidad de Salamanca (Salamanca University). She has a Master in Writing and Television from the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (Autonomous University of Barcelona) in 2002 and obtained the European Master in Audiovisual Management from the Media Business School in 2003. Since 2005, she has been teaching at the Master Program in Fiction for Films and Television at the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca (Pontifical University of Salamanca). She has worked as a production assistant at the Center for Didactic Television at the Universidad de Colima, Mexico and later at the Audiovisual Services department of the European Parliament in Brussels and at the Fondo de Coproducción Eurimages (Co-Production Fund Eurimages) in France. Back in Spain she read screenplays for production companies such as Lolafilms, Sogecine, Morena Films, andEuroproduciones. Since 2003, she is the Production Coordinator in the cinema division at Mediapro, the production company for Woody Allen’s most recent films (Vicky Cristina Barcelona, You will meet a tall dark stranger and Midnight in Paris) as well as other prestigious films such as The secret life of words by Isabel Coixet; Camino by Javier Fesser, and Los lunes al sol by Fernando León. From 2007 to 2010, she coordinated the Films in Progress Industry Award at the San Sebastián International Film Festival, awarded to Latin American movies. She is currently working on Roman Polanski’s new film, Carnage.
- Julia Solomonoff
- Argentine-born, New-York-based writer, director and producer Julia Solomonoff holds an MFA in Film from Columbia University, where she currently teaches Film Directing. She wrote and directed "The Last Summer of la Boyita", produced by Pedro Almodóvar's El Deseo production company, which was the winner of over twenty international awards. Her first feature, "Sisters", debuted at the Toronto Film Festival 2005 and was partially developed at the Sundance Writers' Lab. Solomonoff also produced Alejandro Landes' documentary "Cocalero" following Evo Morales during Bolivia's historic Presidential election. She is Associate Producer of "Todos tenemos un plan" (to be shot in Summer 2011 in Argentina) by Ana Piterbarg, starring Viggo Mortensen. She was the 1st AD on Walter Salles' "The Motorcycle Diaries" and has collaborated with such well regarded directors as Isabel Coixet, Fabian Bielinsky, Dan Algrant, Luis Puenzo, Carlos Sorin and Martin Rejtman. Julia Solomonoff was the winner of the Emerging Filmmaker Competition NEFIAC 2010 for "The Last Summer of the Boyita". She was also a juror at the Miami International Film Festival Ibero American Competition earlier this year.
- Marisol Rodriguez Rosabal
- Marisol Rodriguez Rosabal is responsible for the organization of the National Showcase of New Filmmakers (Muestra de Jóvenes Realizadores), an event aimed to encourage knowledge and reflection concerning to the audiovisual work by new filmmakers. Young filmmakers films´screening, international contemporary film showcases, theoretical meetings debates and seminars. Its usual space “Haciendo Cine” (Making Cinema) is dedicated to the making of audiovisual projects: Workshops with important Cuban filmmakers, exhibitions and its usual Poster Contest.